Yesterday was one of those days where I just didn’t feel like working out. But really, I had no excuse not to. Yes, I had plenty of things that needed to be done for work, for Christmas (still have shopping to get done!), plus things around the house to do (there always is…), but it’s important to MAKE time for working out.
No one has time to workout–you have to make time to workout.
So anyway, as I was debating about going to the gym last night, all I really felt like doing was taking some time out of the busy day to catch up on this week’s Ellen episodes that were calling to me from the DVR bank.
I bargained with myself–if I was going to take the time to watch tv, I was going to workout while doing it. So I did! And I’m actually really sore from it this morning.
This is the workout that I did last night:
Complete each set FIVE times through, no breaks at all, except for when fast-forwarding through the commercials ;)
- 20 Jumps (sans rope) + 10 Push-ups
- 20 Jumping Jacks + 20 Standing Crunches
- 20 Jumping Lunges + 30-second Plank
- 30-second Wall Sit + 15 (per side) Standing Side Crunches
- 10 Burpees + 50 Punches while in a squat
- 20 In-and-Outs + 25 Jumping Jacks
- 15 Locus Lifts + 20 High Knees
- 15 Air Squats + 20 High Knees
- 15 Crunches + 20 (per side) Donkey Kicks
- 30-second Forearm Plank + 30 Jumps
The point I wanted to make with this post is that you don’t have to go spend an hour running at on the treadmill to get in a workout. Do some jumping jacks during commercial breaks, squats while you’re switching the laundry, crunches while you’re playing with your baby on the living room floor, run up and down your stairs 10 times while dinner is in the oven, etc.
All of that little stuff really adds up in the end.
Just move more!
You’ll never regret a workout.
How do you ‘sneak in’ exercise?
What’s your favorite at-home workout?