Slim for Life
by Jillian Michaels
Stop battling your weight and slim down for life with this no-nonsense, insider’s plan from America’s health, wellness, and weight-loss guru: Jillian Michaels. She has helped millions lose weight and feel great, and now she can help you, too.
Bestselling author and Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels swore she’d never write another diet book. But she realized that with all of the conflicting, overly complicated information being thrown at you each day, what you need is a clear, simple plan that cuts through all the confusion to deliver amazing results, fast. This book distills all she’s learned about diet, fitness, and a healthy lifestyle to provide anyone seeking to be slim, strong, and healthy with an easier path to achieving dramatic body transformation.
Honestly – this is the absolute best healthy living book I’ve read to date.
- I love this book so much because it covers not only exercise and nutrition, but also mental and environmental conditions that are essential factors in overall/optimal health, too.
- I agree with every philosophy Jillian has about healthy living (which is very rare because a lot of healthy living book authors get very extreme and preachy about one “right” way or another).
- She promotes balance! The McDonald’s meal and the Cheetos are always off limits (rightly so!), but she knows that we’re all human and sometimes enjoying life really can mean having the slice of pizza, the alcoholic beverage, or the piece of cake at the birthday party. She gets that. BUT, she explains that it’s important to keep those “treats” in the minority, and she explains what that looks like further in the book…. I agree!
- This woman doesn’t just talk the talk, she walks the walk, and that’s why I love her healthy living advice so much. She’s not about just preaching and selling books, she truly knows what she’s talking about because she lives it out herself and applies it to all of the people she’s helped.
- I could ramble on for a long time about how much I love this book, but I’ll end here with this: If you’re going to read one healthy living book right now, make this the one you read. It covers pretty much everything you need to know, especially if you’re just getting started on a journey to better health.