I’ve been on a muffin-baking kick lately. With just two of us in this house though, we don’t eat through a whole pan of muffins all that quickly, so freezing half is perfect for having more for later without letting anything go bad. And I hate letting any food go bad, which was the exact inspiration for making these muffins – brown bananas that needed to be used up!
These are awesome from the freezer (after defrosting on the counter for a bit).
They’re dense and sweet and creamy and delicious.
Jesse and I both love ’em!
PB Coconut Banana Muffins
makes 12 muffins
no added sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, melted if necessary
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F and either add liners or grease your muffin pan.
2. Combine all of the wet ingredients (peanut butter – honey) in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients (flour – coconut shreds) to the bowl and mix until everything is combined.
4. Scoop the mixture into the muffin liners.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until muffins begin to brown on top and are slightly firm to the touch.