I swear, I really do eat more than just granola and smoothies.
Those are just two of my favorite recipes to experiment with, so lucky for you, those are the recipes I’m excited to share. Are you tired of them yet?
I also figure, it’s Friday, which means it’s the weekend, and weekends are for sleeping in, long runs, and baking…at least in my world.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola
makes eight 1/4-cup servings
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (or any other nut, such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, peanuts)
- 2 tablsespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is the brand I prefer)
1. Preheat the oven to 325*F.
2. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and stir together.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine the honey, coconut oil, and peanut butter. Stir until combined.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until the dry mix is coated.
5. Spread out the granola out evenly on a large baking sheet.
6. Bake for 24 minutes, tossing/stirring halfway through.
7. Once the granola is out of the oven, let it stand to cool for about 10 minutes before stirring in your chocolate chips!
8. Store in an airtight container.