alternate post title: random things on my mind today
1. Christmas is now only 11 days away?! Every day at work the kids and I count the days left on the calendar until Christmas (Jesus’ Birthday!) and it’s hard to believe every day…I still have plenty of shopping to finish this weekend!
2. Speaking of work, being a teacher has at least one perk–the adorable, unexpected Christmas gifts from students and their families :)
3. Gas prices were at 2.95 last night…crazy! I definitely filled up my tank on my way home from the gym.
4. J and I are going on a dinner date tonight with these beautiful people. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to it!
5. **Edited to Add: I wrote and published this post before I heard anything about the tragedy at the Sandy HooK Elementary School in Connecticut…I ask that you join me in praying for every one of the families involved and for the future of our country–something like this just cannot happen again.
I’m (still) reading the book below, and it’s in the back of my mind all the time…I’m sure that anyone who’s read it can understand. It makes me feel a whole mix of emotions!
6. Tomorrow night I’m (probably) going to a Cookie Swap with a bunch of women that go to my church…I’m supposed to bring EIGHT (8) DOZEN COOKIES?! Sheesh…I guess you know what I’ll be doing tomorrow from when I wake up until 4p.m.
*I’ve been searching through food blogs like crazy the past 48 hours trying to decide which recipes to use…feel free to link up below if you have any suggestions!
7. This is a little disappointing.
8. I got in another great run this morning–6 miles! I’ve been on a huge running kick lately and REALLY wish I could be running another half in the near future…Does anyone want to sponsor me so I can fly around the country and run races?? #ihatewinter
9. This was such a long week, and I’m so thankful it’s Friday. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!