Good morning and Happy Friday!
I’ve seen this little survey floating it’s way through the blog world lately and decided I would take my turn today…something a little more fun for a Friday :)
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
In a nearly empty jar of almond butter, I added brown rice, cinnamon, chia seeds, blueberries, and almond milk, plus I had a banana on the side.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
A lot. Water is the only beverage I drink most days and I aim for eight to ten 8-oz. glasses each day.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
I’m honestly kind of stuck in a workout rut right now. When I’m not training for a race I tend to love running more, which I enjoy right now, but then I also tend to get a little lost when it comes to what workouts I want to do. One thing I’ve enjoy lately is making up some tough workouts to challenge myself (and beat boredom), some of which I’ve shared with you:
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
I don’t count calories anymore so I honestly don’t know! I put my focus on eating wholesome, real foods instead of worrying about hitting a calorie cap.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I love snacking and here I listed quite a few. My favorites lately though have been banana with coconut and almond butter, watermelon (which just screams summer) or any fresh fruit, Kombucha drinks, and homemade granola with almond milk and cinnamon.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
It varies a lot from day to day, and since I’m home most days for lunch now, I do a lot of experimenting. Usually some leftovers are thrown in the mix though. Veggie burgers were a common component this past week!
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
Core. I dread doing core work – I love how I feel after I’ve done it but somehow that just isn’t good enough motivation to make me want to do it.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
I really don’t like to label food as “bad” or say I’ve been “bad” because I ate something. However, in terms of not-so-healthful foods, I would say anything having to do with dessert. I’ve really made progress lately of eating less sweets, but I’m a total sucker for anything with dark chocolate.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
11. How often do you eat out?
About once a week, twice max.
12. Do you eat fast food?
I like eating at Panera and Chipotle occasionally, if that counts as fast food. If the question is specifically about places like McDonald’s and Taco bell though, no thank you!
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
easy: MY HUSBAND. He’s my best friend and I really don’t know what I would do without him.
14. Do you have a gym membership?
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
About 8 each night.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
I really don’t like the idea of a “cheat day” but I do enjoy treats. Dessert is typically my indulgence that I consider “worth it.”
*fact: one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen is make “healthified” versions of my favorite desserts.
17. Do you drink alcohol?
I do, but not often. Maybe one drink a week. I typically only drink when we go out with friends or Jesse and I have a date night – and then I’ll enjoy a glass of wine or one of those “girly” fruity drinks that are packed full of who knows how much sugar ;)
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
No, unless you count Zida and Jesse as my walking buddies each evening :) I really wish I had a running buddy though….Emily, why don’t we live closer to each other?!
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
I feel so much more confident than I ever did before. Don’t get me wrong, I most certainly have work to do in that whole self-esteem department, but that feeling of being proud of my fitness and health accomplishments is the most proud of ever felt of myself. A couple of examples: 1, 2.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
I made yesterday a recovery day – my legs were tired so I knew that a hard run (as originally planned) wasn’t the best idea. I did yoga and went for a good walk in the morning.
- What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
- What is your favorite body part to strength train?
- What was the last healthy thing you did for yourself?