Almond flour and Coconut flour have recently become my favorite flours for cooking/baking. They’re fun to experiment with and I know the quality of them is better than most wheat flours I can get. If you’re interested, you can buy coconut flour (for an awesome price) here. It has a sweeter taste and a soft, pillowy texture that’s perfect for breakfast! I hope you like these as much as I do!
Cherry Coconut Flour Pancakes
makes about 2 good-sized servings
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice (unsweetened almond milk, organic whole or raw cow’s milk, or coconut milk will all work great)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, melted if necessary
- 5 drops vanilla stevia OR 5 drops cherry vanilla stevia OR 1 additional teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped cherries
- coconut oil or butter (to grease the pan)
1. Place some coconut oil or butter on a skillet and warm on the stovetop to medium heat (be careful not to have the heat too high or the pancakes could burn).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients (eggs – stevia) and whisk.
3. Add the dry ingredients (flour – salt) and stir until combined.
4. Mix in the cherries.
5. Cook on the skillet – let bubble before flipping – be patient! :)
note: you may need to add a little oil/butter between each pancake to avoid them sticking to the pan
6. Top with your favorites…pure maple syrup, peanut butter, almond butter, cinnamon, honey, sliced fruit, etc.