I’ve made a batch of these cookies at least five times now (and I plan to again tonight) and they didn’t survive past a few days in our kitchen. Trust me, they’re delicious. Enjoy!
(and for anyone with food specificities, these cookies are gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free, as long as your chosen chocolate is free of those ingredients)
Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/3 cup almond meal/flour
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or molasses (or both if you’d like)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or a dark chocolate bar cut into chunks, as I did)
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or grease it with coconut oil or butter).
2. Except for the chocolate, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
3. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
4. “Drop” the batter onto the baking sheet by the spoonful, though don’t place them too close to each other because they’ll spread out a bit as they bake.
5. Bake for 10-18 minutes, or until the cookies look ‘set’ and are done to your liking.
6. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the pan, then…