Some things to catch up on….
1. First and foremost, I’d like to share that I officially have a new job!! After the long (and often frustrating) hunt, I get to work in a school that seems like the perfect fit for me. I’ll be the lead 4- and 5-year-old preschool teacher at the church J and I have attended for a couple of weeks now. It’s a Christian-based curriculum, so I’ll have the chance to pray with my students, discover Bible stories, and learn how numbers, letters, math, etc. I feel so incredibly blessed and cannot wait to begin!
It’s true that you just have to keep praying and trust Him!
Oh, and seeing “Mrs. Buss” listed under the “Meet the Teacher Night” schedule gives me little butterflies…so cute and exciting :)
2. On Tuesday, my Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Ken came to visit for a few hours and along with them they brought an old china hutch that belonged to my great-grandmother and the piano (!) my Grandma bought when my mom was just five years old and beginning to take lessons. They’re doing some remodeling right now and had to get rid of a few old things to make room for new ones. I’m so thankful they hauled them all the way here, and I’m so happy to have them! I spent a good hour playing this morning.
3. I’d like to wish a big Congratulations to Emily (practically my blog twin) as she gets married this weekend!! Soak it all in and enjoy every moment, girl!
4. Currently reading: The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper
Have any of you read this yet? I’m about half way through, and I’ll do a review of it when I’m done.
Speaking of reading, you should find me on Goodreads!
5. If you read healthy living blogs then you’ve probably seen a few pictures of homemade banana soft serve floating around lately. I’ve frozen a few bananas and I’m taking a go at my own version this afternoon. Is it ridiculous that I’m super excited about it?? (don’t answer that.)
**I’ll be sure to share the recipe/how-to if it turns out well!
6. A few healthy living articles I’ve read this past week, may be useful to you, too!
- 6 Fat-Fighting Foods
- 10 Diet Tips from Olympics Nutritionists
- 14 Smoothie Recipes
- 9 Superfoods for Your Heart
- 10 Best and Worst Foods for your Tummy
- Say NO to GMOs <–educate yourself!
7. I registered for my second Half Marathon!! I’ll be running 13.1 miles on Sunday, October 21st!
I picked up a copy of this month’s Runner World magazine since it’s the “Half Marathon Special.” I figure I can use all the help I can get :)