To make your weekend just a little bit sweeter…
Whole-Wheat Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large bananas (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9×13 loaf pan.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients (flour – nutmeg) in a large mixing bowl and stir together.
3. Add in the wet ingredients (banana – milk) and mix until combined.
4. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Pour the batter into the baking pan, and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
*I encourage you to use as many organic products as possible, especially the blueberries!
**feel free to change it up! use all chia seeds and no flaxseeds, or use dairy milk instead of almond, etc.
***It’s great on its own (and not too sweet!) but it’s also delicious with a little peanut butter, apple butter, or fruit preserves spread on top.
Please let me know what you think if you try out the recipe, and have a wonderful weekend :)