There’s a new series here on It’s Progression Not Perfection! At least once a week there will be a post that focuses on the health benefits of a specific food. This week I started with something “basic” but healthy nonetheless, whereas some weeks will focus on not-as-common foods.
**if you have any suggestions of specific foods you would like to see as a part of this series, please either let me know in the comments section or send me an email. I would love to hear your suggestions!
1. Rich source of Flavonoids (provides bone protection and may increase bone density)
2. Decent source of Soluble Fiber (beneficial for digestive system)
3. High in Water Content
4. Source of Important Vitamins (particularly vitamin C)
5. Contains Sweet, Natural Sugars
6. Can Help Lower Cholesterol & Supports Heart Health
7. Aids in Cancer Prevention (breast, lung, colon, liver)
8. Antioxidant Benefits (studies have shown it lowers the risk of getting asthma, especially in kids)
9. Aids in Blood Sugar Regulation (diabetes management)
10. Satisfies Hunger with Fewer Calories (personally apples keep me full for hours)
There are even more benefits to eating apples than I’ve listed here, so I encourage you to grab one for a snack or slice one up as part of your breakfast or lunch. An apple with a little almond butter is a great pre-workout snack, too.
Remember though, apples are on the list of the dirty dozen, so it’s best to go organic!!
What is your favorite kind of apple?
My favorite is easily Honeycrisp.