There’s only 1 week left until the half marathon, and I just cannot believe it’s that soon! This week included lower mileage and this coming week will include even less in preparation for the race next Sunday. Ready or not, here it comes!
miles ran so far in 2012 –> 305
Sunday, May 12th
45-minute Walk (incline intervals)
15 minutes of Elliptical
Jillian Michaels’ Yoga Meltdown Video (level 1) 35 minutes
Monday, May 13th
Tuesday, May 14th
upper body strength training
4-mile Run (33:51)
10-minute cool-down Walk
and a couple walks with the puppy
Wednesday, May 15th
lower body strength training workout…I did my “go-to” 3 times through (20 reps the first two times, 10 reps the third time)
Thursday, May 16th
10-minute warm-up Walk
4-mile Run (33:45…1st mile warm up, 2-3 sprint/jog intervals, 4 incline intervals)
30-minute Walk (incline intervals)
10 minutes on the Rowing Machine
Friday, May 17th
Saturday, May 18th
5-minute warm-up Walk
6-mile Run (49:59)
1. Last night, Jesse’s cousin and her son/our godson visited. We had pita chips and hummus plus smoothies for dinner – I think someone was a fan of them…
2. After a walk, we then went out for dessert.
I was much happier after leaving this time. Last time I was so excited to try it that I went a little too crazy, but this time I enjoyed it without going overboard – a win for me anytime it comes to dessert!
3. Jesse’s sweet cousin also brought me a bouquet of flowers as an early birthday gift :)
4. Are any of you fans of The Office? Did you watch the series finale last night?? It made me a little emotional! That was such a great show….
“There’s a lot of beauty in ordinary things. Isn’t that kind of the point?”
5. My little sister graduates from high school this weekend, and I couldn’t be more proud of her…I will not cry. I will not cry…
6. Our friends Matt & Jenna got engaged this week!! We’re so happy for them and can’t wait to celebrate!
picture from another friend’s wedding last summer
7. I’m ridiculously disappointed that I can’t be at the Blend Retreat this weekend…I would love to meet so many of these friends I’ve made through blogging! I know they’ll all have a fantastic time.
8. Larabar sent me some of their new ALT bars to try this week….so far I absolutely love them! No surprise there though ;) More to come one those another time…
9. One week until summer officially starts for me! I’m excited, but then I really need to figure out what I’m doing with my life… *sigh*
10. And that’s all I have for today…Happy Friday!!