On Friday evening, Jesse’s grandma Ila passed away.
She was in the hospital for a bit, earlier in the week, but it didn’t seem like anything that was so serious, until things quickly turned worse on Friday. We’re very sad about her passing – she was such a wonderful, kind, selfless woman. While it certainly doesn’t seem real yet, we’re looking forward to being with loved ones soon. Just wish it was under different circumstances, of course.
We’re heading back home to MN to be with family during this time.
I’ll be back to the blog next week.
1. This week really felt like it flew by. This weekend we’re planning to hone in on building our baby registry. We have a lot of product researching to do! If you’re a parent of a little one I’d love to hear what products were “must haves” for you.
2. Since we’re on the subject of baby…our ultrasound on Wednesday couldn’t have been better. Baby is HEALTHY from head to toes and that was just such a relief to know. I’ll reveal the gender next week!! :)
3. If anyone is an avid blog reader like I am, I’d highly recommend using the website Feedly for reading new posts. Bloglovin‘ is pretty good too, but Feedly is my preference now.
4. Any Scandal fans out there? Last week’s episode, with the boy and the father in the street, was so good wasn’t it?! It was obviously out of place for the show and done because of recent events…I wasn’t a fan at first of where the episode was going, but then the cop’s ‘speech’ tied it all together and the whole show just put it all into perspective – it was bluntly powerful. Well done again, Shonda Rhimes. (also, I’ve decided that once this show is over with I’m retiring from watching any scandalous/crime/investigation shows)
5. Have you heard of Compassion International? Jesse and I are now sponsoring a boy in Rwanda and I can’t wait to tell you all about it soon.
Enjoy the weekend!